Rust and MongoDB

Normally I develop against MongoDB using C# but recently I decided I needed something new to learn and so I looked around and picked up Rust. Having started to get going on it I’ve found my self ready to start my first little hobby project.

This has left me looking at Announcing the Official MongoDB Rust Driver | MongoDB Blog and wondering if anyone is using this yet or if there is any further news on the progress of this driver?

It’s obviously early days for the Rust driver - it was only released in alpha a few weeks ago. The good news is that it’s officially supported, actively developed and due for a stable release in the first half of this year, IIRC.

I’m not sure if anybody’s using it in production yet - I suspect it’s a little too soon for that. I have some plans to use it in a couple of small-scale projects myself :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Mark,

That is indeed great news, I wasn’t expecting it to have made it to a production release yet, but it’s reassuring to hear it is being pushed onward!

It would be interesting to hear how you get on with it in your own projects though :wink:

Cheers
Will

Likewise - Let me know how you get on, and please do give us feedback if you have any requests or problems.

1 Like