We are pleased to announce the 2.19.0 release of MongoDB’s Ruby Driver. This release adds support for MongoDB 7.0, as well as the following new features:
- Added support for automatic AWS credentials retrieval and authentication
with temporary credentials when AWS KMS is used for client side encryption.
- Added support for automatic GCP credentials retrieval when Google Cloud Key
Management is used for client side encryption.
- Added support the Azure VM-assigned Managed Identity for Automatic KMS Credentials
when Azure Key Vault is used for client side encryption.
Queryable Encryption <https://www.mongodb.com/docs/upcoming/core/queryable-encryption/queryable-encryption/>_ support is extended.
- Added support for Queryable Encryption Range Indexes.
library can be now used instead of
- Added support for AWS IAM Roles for service accounts, EKS in particular.
- AWS Credentials are now cached when possible.
See the Release Notes for a high level summary of what’s new and improved.
Thank you to everyone who contributed to this release!