Sr. Community Manager at MongoDB, Jamie Langskov, leads this informal unconference-style discussion on all things meetups. Come chat with us live while we explore what makes a meetup event great, what to avoid, lessons learned from other community members and meetup organizers, and what it’s like to make the switch from in-person to virtual meetup groups.
- What are some things that you’ve seen work really well at meetups you’ve attended or organized?
- What have you seen go horribly wrong?
- What funny stories do you have to share?
- What’s the most cringe-worthy interaction you’ve had at a meetup event?
- What’s the best interaction you’ve had?
- What do you wish you’d never see again?
- What’s the best food/drink/refreshment option you’ve had at a meetup?
- What do you miss the most about in-person meetups now that we’re limited to virtual events?
- What advice do you have for someone who wants to start their own meetup group?
- What’s the best way to find event sponsors?
Bring your ideas, your complaints, your frustrations, your wishlist, and your snacks as we gather around the virtual round table and chat about life before and after the pandemic in the world of meetup organizing and membership.
MongoDB, Sr. Program Manager, Developer Community