Replicating Database

Hi folks, I have a dev cluster, and I was wondering if it would be possible to setup a way to replicate one of its databases into another database, ideally this database would contain the dev cluster backup -1 day.

The ask is to allow changes in this database to be completely possible to be reverted.

I know ideally I should have my own cluster, but this is a personal/small project and right now I have a prod cluster, and a dev cluster.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Vinicius_Carvalho,

I don’t understand what you are trying to do precisely.

If you are trying to recreate the prod on the dev cluster, you could restore your prod backup on the dev cluster every morning and each morning you would have a fresh cluster for dev with yesterday’s prod data. I’m pretty sure this can be automated with the Atlas API.

If you are trying to create a copy of a MongoDB database in the same cluster like from “my_db” you want “my_db_yesterday”. I would take a mongodump of this DB yesterday and I would mongorestore it with a new name today. It can be easily done with a script.

I hope this helps. :confused:
If not please help me understand your need.

Cheers,
Maxime.

@MaBeuLux88 Thanks, the API is indeed what I need, I will lookup the docs on how to invoke a dump and restore on another database.

Cheers

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.