Realm Web SDK and sync option

Hi there,
I am a beginner web dev and I would like to understand a bit better how the web SDK works. I am working on a saas project with React and I think Realm web SDK could be a good option for the server side of this web app.
For now it is going to be quite simple with access and mutation of the data in the cluster, but eventually if someday I want to build a native app connected to the same source of data, would it be possible to use the sync option of realm and have synchronized data across web and mobile? I am not sure to get this straight…
The following note in the documentation makes me think it is possible but I would be grateful to have a deeper insight on this topic.

The Web SDK does not support Realm Database or [sync]. Instead, web apps built with MongoDB Realm can use [GraphQL] or the [MongoDB query language]

Cheers

Hey Fabien,

would it be possible to use the sync option of realm and have synchronized data across web and mobile?

When we refer to the Web-SDK not having a sync option, we are specifically referring to real-time, offline sync with automatic conflict resolution. If you’re looking to use real-time sync on the web side, this is not currently supported.

However, if you’re simply looking to read and write to the same shared data that is being used by syncing mobile clients, on a web app, there are multiple ways to do this (GraphQL API, MongoDB Access via the SDKs). Hope that was helpful!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.