Realm App GraphQL has strange error and endpoint gives 502

I started getting some 502 errors when I was querying my realm GraphQL endpoint. So then I looked in the admin UI and noticed this in the GraphQL schema:

this service was recently updated, so it may take several minutes until the cluster can be connected to. Error: error connecting to MongoDB service cluster: failed to ping: connection() error occured during connection handshake: auth error: sasl conversation error: unable to authenticate using mechanism "SCRAM-SHA-1": (AtlasError) bad auth : Authentication failed.

It’s been like this for quite some time. Has anyone had a similar experience? This is pretty frustrating and making realm unusable. Thanks!

Hi Mohammed, Realm functions don’t necessarily have a cold start because they don’t spin up a VM. Instead we transpile the JS and run it in our own runtime. Instead of lambda where you may have a long cold start time and then quick execution, our functions have less of a coldstart, but may take a small latency hit on some invocations to transpile the JS.

1 Like

Turns out I had to open a support ticket with MongoDB and they fixed a bug inside Realm and then everything worked after I disconnected and reconnected the data source.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.