Problem installing mongodb on centos 9 virtualbox guest downloaded from osboxes.org

Well, i am trying to install mongodb on a centos 9 virtualbox guest. The virtualbox guest vdi is downloaded from osboxes.org. Did a yum upgrade to update CentOS 9 of the CentOS 9 guest from osboxes.org. Followed instructions from mongodb tuturial install-mongodb-on-red-hat from mongodb site. So my /etc/yum.repos.d/mongodb-org-5.0.repo is as follows:

issue with that - i got a 404 since $releasever is 9 but there is no mongodb 5 for version 9 in that path so i replaced it with 8 once and 8Server too but for both, after downloading the rpms i get a GPG check failed error. A snippet of the error output:

Importing GPG key 0xE2C63C11:
 Userid     : "MongoDB 5.0 Release Signing Key "
 Fingerprint: F567 9A22 2C64 7C87 527C 2F8C B00A 0BD1 E2C6 3C11
 From       : server-5.0.asc
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Key imported successfully
Import of key(s) didn't help, wrong key(s)?
Problem opening package mongodb-database-tools-100.5.2.x86_64.rpm. Failing package is: mongodb-database-tools-100.5.2-1.x86_64 

and then other remaining mongodb rpms are listed with the same ‘Problem opening package’ message ending in a ‘Error: GPG check FAILED’ message.

I tried mongodb version 4.4 too but got the same results…

Any help/advice/suggestions are highly appreciated…

Welcome to the MongoDB Community @Pee_Kay !

CentOS 9 (a CentOS Stream release) is not a currently supported platform for official MongoDB packages. The continuous delivery model for CentOS Stream (aka a “rolling preview”) makes it a moving target for packaging support, so you would either have to Build MongoDB from Source or choose a supported platform like CentOS 7 or 8.

For CentOS 7 or 8, please follow the tutorial to Install MongoDB Community Edition on CentOS.

Regards,
Stennie

1 Like

Thank you for the warm welcome Stennie. Thank you for replying too. :smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.