PHP driver extension installation issues

Hello - I have been following along the article series for PHP drier setup and am running into problems with the PHP driver extension installation. I have successfully installed all prereqs (including the libbson and libmongoc packages which I saw in another thread from August 2022 were the root of someone’s similar issues). While searching through the multiple php.ini files, I saw that in each one the “extension=mongodb.so” line already existed? And so I made no changes, restarted Apache, but when I run:

php -i | grep mongodb

I receive the following output:

mongodb
mongodb.debug => no value => no value

I haven’t been able to find a solution in any online documentation or prior threads about this topic.

I am operating on macOS Ventura 13.3. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Hi @K_Bonner,

the output you receive is expected: it lists the available config options for the mongodb extension, of which there is only one. Given the output it looks like the extension is correctly installed for the CLI SAPI. Another way to check this and get more information about the build environment is php --ri mongodb. This lists information about the various libmongoc and libmongocrypt options, along with the debug option you’ve already seen above.

Could you elaborate what problems you are running into specifically?