$out(aggregation) not updating my time-series colecction FCV greater than 7.1 error

HI mongoDB team and people reading this, i wanted to create a time series collection, i had a time-series collection (about 12m ) that didn´t have a metadata field and i wanted to use the aggregation pipeline to update a field so that it becomes the metadata field. I was following the documentation and it says that i had to use the $out stage to do so since version 7.0.3. I’m currently using version 7.0.6 but when i try to use it i enconter the following error: “$out to time-series collections is only supported on fcv greater than or equal to 7.1”
What should i do? how can i update my documents?

I tried this with both MongoDB 7.0.3 and 7.0.6 using mongosh and node.js with the 6.5.0 version of the driver.

The only way I can replicate this is on a cluster that has been upgraded from MongoDB 6.0 and has not completed the update by setting the FeatureCompatibilityVersion(FCV) to ‘7.0’

The current FCV can be checked using mongosh with this command: db.adminCommand({getParameter:1,featureCompatibilityVersion:1})

Upgrade Procedures documentation can be found here: https://www.mongodb.com/docs/manual/release-notes/7.0/#upgrade-procedures

Thank you for your response Chris. I followed the instruccions on the link you provided and managed to update the FCV of my database then i was able to make use of the $out operator.

1 Like