Not able to connect to my sandbox cluster

Hi would appreciate help with this problem, cannot seem to get past it!

C:\Program Files\MongoDB\Server\4.4\bin>mongo “mongodb+srv://sandbox.9hxtk.mongodb.net/sandbox” --username m001-student
MongoDB shell version v4.4.0
Enter password:
connecting to: mongodb://sandbox-shard-00-00.9hxtk.mongodb.net:27017,sandbox-shard-00-01.9hxtk.mongodb.net:27017,sandbox-shard-00-02.9hxtk.mongodb.net:27017/sandbox?authSource=admin&compressors=disabled&gssapiServiceName=mongodb&replicaSet=atlas-vne707-shard-0&ssl=true

*** It looks like this is a MongoDB Atlas cluster. Please ensure that your IP whitelist allows connections from your network.

Error: can’t connect to new replica set master [sandbox-shard-00-01.9hxtk.mongodb.net:27017], err: AuthenticationFailed: bad auth Authentication failed. :
connect@src/mongo/shell/mongo.js:362:17
@(connect):2:6
exception: connect failed
exiting with code 1

Please, go to the MongoDB atlas cluster and check your network access where you can find “Add IP ADDRESS” and ip address should be activated with IP Whitelist.

Hi @Paul_08264,

It says, AuthenticationFailed: bad auth Authentication failed.

Please make sure that you are entering correct password. You can also add the password in the connection string as well using the -p or --password option.

If you are still not able to connect then please share the connection string so that I can try it at my end.

~ Shubham

Hi Shubham
I am replying to you help advice and to say I did manage to connect to the primary on the cmd shell and also on Windows powershell, unfortunately I have not been able to load the video database and have been going around in loops with the help topics.
At this stage I have lost interest as it is taking up too much time, it seems to me having followed all the relevant documentations that is too much logging in and out of various applications and I have found it impossible to keep track even though I have documentation all the pathways, I am going to leave it for now, I feel for a beginners software application it is way too complicated.

Kind Regards

pauldonovan