Newbie, need help with basic data modeling, Q&A db

Hi guys

I need to create a Q&A db with the Q and A as separate entities (this is what I am thinking now, please feel free to suggest alternatives). Since this is a NoSQL DB what is the best way to correlate the records and how should I store them? Editing the Qs and As could happen frequently and keeping 2-3 previous versions of each will be needed.
Any pointers to primers and articles or even books that can educate me in this direction are more than welcome
Thank you
LU

Update: of course I started googling and while I will be getting answers here I am reading https://docs.mongodb.com/manual/applications/data-models-relationships/
Update2: Ok it seems that the embedded documents is the way to go here, and not separate entities

1 Like

Hi @Last_Unicorn! Thanks for posting (and inadvertently answering) your question!

I’m glad that you found an answer and came back to share it here so that others may benefit too :slight_smile:

Don’t hesitate to come back and ask any additional questions as you’re composing your questions and answers via embedded documents!

Hi @yo_adrienne yes I will definitely have more Qs
Thanks for confirming that I got it right

1 Like