My Dedicated Cluster connection to aws ecs stopped woking. It has been working fine for weeks and suddenly i get this error in my logs:

MongooseServerSelectionError: Could not connect to any servers in your MongoDB Atlas cluster. One common reason is that you’re trying to access the database from an IP that isn’t whitelisted. Make sure your current IP address is on your Atlas cluster’s IP whitelist: https://www.mongodb.com/docs/atlas/security-whitelist/

Did you check the whitelist for your cluster? What did you find?

yeah the whitelist includes my public ip from my aws vpc that was I created the private endpoint to connect to my cluster. This connect worked fine for weeks. Also when network access from anywhere on on the whitelist it works fine.

I’m just asking the obvious questions here … You are sure the IP address of your private VPC endpoint has not changed?

There’s an interesting Stack Overflow post : amazon vpc - Mongodb atlas dedicated cluster: how to create peering connection with AWS and then access the cluster without whitelisting ips - Stack Overflow

Hello steyn_kalala,
Welcome to MongoDB community!
Can you elaborate more about how ECS is accessing MongoDB Atlas cluster: over public internet, VPC peering, or Private-Endpoint.
What are ECS launch types are you using,EC2 or Fargate?.
Some notes :

• If you are using Private-Endpoint, you don’t need to add your ECS tasks IP to Atlas network access list as the communication is private and will not leave AWS network.
  • As you know, there will be a different connection-string used when using Private-Link.

Please do let me know if you still need assistance and I’ll be happy to answer your questions.

Cirlcling back to this now, What I was saying, My main issues is that it worked for weeks and suddenly stopped working, the Stackoverflow you shared talks about whitelisting from everywhere which is not advisable for security reasons, my ip addresses have not changed either, this could be entirely an aws problem.

Do you mean this is an Elastic IP ?
Can you shed more lights about how ECS netokring you have ? Public/Private Subnets ? NAT Gateway…etc.

Im using ESC with fargate. ECS is accessing MongoDB Atlas cluster using private-Endpoint. Im using my vpc and connecting to thge vpc using my public subnets.

I’ve reconnect now, the problem i dont want to face is having my application down because i have to reconnect everytime theres an interrupt with AWS, its seems there was an update done the same day the problem started.

Explore monitoring and hook in a restart daemon.