MongoDB tls connections works everywhere except with mongo-cxx-driver

Hello,

I am running a valid mongod instance with tls options. I have a Custom CA and the certificate that Mongo is using is signed by it.
So every connection that I open has to provide my custom CA also.
When I try connecting through mongosh or MongoDBCompass everything works correctly.

But I have an application in C++ that has to do the heavy work so I would like to get it up and running there.
I have installed mongo-cxx-driver through vcpkg and the version is 3.6.5#2

I have tried passing the ca file on different ways and the path is always correct.
For example i used tls_options and ca_file. And I also tried putting the certificate file in the URL.
No success.

// First way
mongocxx::options::client client_options;
mongocxx::options::tls tls_options;
tls_options.ca_file("C:/Boom/mongocxx/ca.pem");
// tls_options.allow_invalid_certificates(true);

client_options.tls_opts(tls_options);
cout << client_options.tls_opts().get().ca_file().get().view() << endl;

string uriStr = "mongodb://localhost:27017/?tls=true&tlsCAFile=C%3A%2FBoom%2Fmongocxx%2Fca.pem";  // Second way ( I have tried even without escaping the URL)

mongocxx::uri uri(uriStr);
mongocxx::client client(uri, client_options); // client_options is removed if the second way is used

This is the error that mongo-cxx shows:

Runtime error: No suitable servers found (`serverSelectionTryOnce` set): [connection closed calling ismaster on 'localhost:27017']: generic server error

This is the error that mongod shows:

{"t":{"$date":"2021-12-12T20:27:57.972+01:00"},"s":"I",  "c":"NETWORK",  "id":22943,   "ctx":"listener","msg":"Connection accepted","attr":{"remote":"127.0.0.1:10221","uuid":"ebdf360d-6311-4206-84ad-1e3af5733b00","connectionId":27,"connectionCount":1}}
{"t":{"$date":"2021-12-12T20:27:58.039+01:00"},"s":"I",  "c":"NETWORK",  "id":22988,   "ctx":"conn27","msg":"Error receiving request from client. Ending connection from remote","attr":{"error":{"code":141,"codeName":"SSLHandshakeFailed","errmsg":"QueryContextAttributes for connection info failed with-2146893055"},"remote":"127.0.0.1:10221","connectionId":27}}

I have no idea why this happens. I have tried any way that lurks around in the web.
Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Did you ever get this working in mongocxx? I’m running into the exact same issue and can’t get any response. Thanks!