MongoDB timeout error

I am facing timeout error when i am fetching same collection simultaneously. Could you help me fix this issue ? i have mentioned the error below

Timed out after 30000 ms while waiting for a server that matches com.mongodb.client.internal.MongoClientDelegate$1@b586e86. Client view of cluster state is {type=REPLICA_SET, servers={, type=UNKNOWN, state=CONNECTING}, {address=, type=UNKNOWN, state=CONNECTING}, {address=](), type=UNKNOWN, state=CONNECTING}]

Hello @Madhan_Kumar ,

To understand your use case better, could you please share more details such as:

• MongoDB version being used
  • Driver version being used
  • Are you seeing the error intermittently or are you not able to get any data from your database?
  • Check and share output of rs.status()
  • What does fetching the same collection simultaneously mean?
  • How many is simultaneously?
  • Is this separate applications trying to connect to the same database, and some of them failing and some of them succeed?

This error message indicates that your MongoDB driver was not able to find a server that can handle your request within the timeout period. This can happen for a number of reasons, including network issues, or improperly configured client or server settings.

Here are a few suggestions for troubleshooting which might help you in resolving this issue:

1. Ensure that the servers in your replica set are reachable from the client and that there are no firewalls or other network restrictions preventing the client from connecting.

2. Check the server logs to see if there are any errors or warnings that could be related to this issue. You may need to adjust or upgrade your server to handle the load, or to optimize performance. Make sure that your MongoDB servers have enough resources (CPU, memory, disk space) to handle the load. If the servers are overloaded, they might not be able to respond to incoming requests, resulting in timeouts.

3. If you are using an older version of the MongoDB driver, it may be worth upgrading to a newer version to see if that resolves the issue. Newer versions may have better error handling and recovery mechanisms, or may be more optimized for your use case.

4. From a developer’s perspective, if your application is making simultaneous requests to the same collection, it’s possible that the servers are becoming overloaded and unable to handle the load. Implementing retry logic can help alleviate this issue by automatically retrying failed requests after a short delay.

Please refer below documentation to learn further about troubleshooting replica set

Regards,
Tarun