MongoDB Relational Migrator Stuck at Snapshot Stage During Data Migration

Hello MongoDB Community,

I am currently facing an issue with MongoDB Relational Migrator that I hope to get some assistance with. My goal is to export a database into MongoDB, but I am running into a roadblock during the migration process. Despite multiple attempts, the migrator consistently gets stuck at the “Snapshot” stage and fails to write any data.

Here are the steps I’ve taken and the problems encountered:

1. The migration tool enters a loop at the “Snapshot” stage, making no progress regardless of the time allowed (up to 7+ hours in one instance).
  2. No rows are being written to my MongoDB server during this stage, as confirmed by multiple attempts.
  3. I have tried a migration with a minimally filled database (about 10 entries per table) to no avail.
  4. Conducting the migration from a different host, such as localhost, as opposed to my production host, has not resolved the issue.

I give you a screenshots that illustrate the problem I am experiencing with the tool.

I am reaching out to the community for any advice, insights, or solutions that could help resolve this issue. Has anyone encountered a similar problem, or can anyone suggest troubleshooting steps that might overcome this hurdle?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

I am seeing the same issue, any tips on how to address this?

I bypassed the tool by writing a python migration of my own (dumping to json) and then using an aggregation to update the ingested info
I would still love to understand why the process hangs however