Mongodb Migration from On-prim to AWS EC2

This is GANGADHAR new joiner to Mongodb community and also new to MongoDB administration. In my current company i have been asked to take a look at existing MongoDB set up and move that MongoDB to AWS EC2 because our on-prim data center is under decommission process.

Our management is not looking for MongoDB upgrade either on On-prim or go to higher version in AWS cloud because the application is also under decommission process so application owner doesn’t want to take risk/recommending in upgrading existing DB

Need guidance and support for moving the current MongoDB to AWS EC2 ,and also have some questions.

1)How to check current Installed MongoDB version is community edition or enterprise edition.

2)How to and from where to download On-prim equivalent “MongoDB 2.6.11” and Install on the AWS EC2 nodes. i assume version 2.6.11 is de supported long back

1. How to check current MongoDB is shard enabled.

2. What are the steps to be followed to move database from On-prim node to AWS EC2 instance cluster .

3. We may get a chance to take On-prim MongoDB service down the during off peak hrs , with down time what is the strategy to move the DB to MongoDB cluster on AWS
    if not going to get downtime , what is the strategy to follow to move MongoDB from on-prim to AWS

[root@atlas-prod-mgr-01 etc]# cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS release 6.8 (Final)
[root@atlas-prod-mgr-01 etc]# mongo -version
MongoDB shell version: 2.6.11

rst01:PRIMARY> show dbs;
admin                0.031GB
config               (empty)
forms                (empty)
local                4.029GB
ml-atlas-production  8.496GB
rst01:PRIMARY>

rst01:PRIMARY> rs.config();
{
        "_id" : "rst01",
        "version" : 3,
        "members" : [
                {
                        "_id" : 0,
                        "host" : "atlas-prod-mga-01.lvs.it.truekey.intel.com:27017",
                        "arbiterOnly" : true
                },
                {
                        "_id" : 1,
                        "host" : "atlas-prod-mgr-01.lvs.it.truekey.intel.com:27017"
                },
                {
                        "_id" : 2,
                        "host" : "atlas-prod-mgr-02.lvs.it.truekey.intel.com:27017"
                }
        ]
}
rst01:PRIMARY>

Thanks
Gangadhara

1 Like