MongoDB Manual 5.0

Hi

Where can I download MongoDB Manual 5.0?
This link doesn’t work https://docs.mongodb.com/master/mongodb-manual-master.epub

And this too https://docs.mongodb.com/v5.0/mongodb-manual-master.epub

I found only for 4.4

Hi @111404,

The documentation team recently moved to a new build toolchain which does not currently generate downloadable artifacts like EPUB.

The online documentation has regular commits with improvements based on user feedback, so I would recommend using that as a more definitive reference. However, I appreciate that an offline reference can be handy in some scenarios.

The team is aware of this gap, but it would be helpful if you can share more details on your use case for offline documentation.

Thanks,
Stennie

Hi @Stennie_X

I want to try to get MongoDB certification
(I’m currently preparing for OCP 11, so this is not critical)

I did not find any books for preparation
And I decided to read MongoDB Manual 5.0

The problem is that I’m not always at the computer, but read from the reader (ONYX BOOX Kon-Tiki 2) the web version of the book

Well, not very convenient = (

Hi @111404,

For the certification exam you’ll be fine using the 4.4 manual. There’s also a free study guide (login required) which has links to recommended reading material.

If you haven’t taken the suggested courses on the MongoDB University Developer Learning Path or DBA Learning Path, I would definitely recommend completing those first.

There’s also a Certification Exam category in the forums if you have any other questions about studying for the exam.

Which certification are you studying for at the moment? Have you already booked in for an upcoming certification session?

Regards,
Stennie

@Stennie_X

I am currently preparing for 1z0-819 Oracle Certified Professional
And then I plan to hand over MongoDB Develope

For the certification exam you’ll be fine using the 4.4 manual. There’s also a free study guide (login required) which has links to recommended reading material.

Can you share a link?

If you haven’t taken the suggested courses on the MongoDB University Developer Learning Path or DBA Learning Path, I would definitely recommend completing those first.

I passed a long time ago in 2015, so I will go through them again

Thanl you

Hello Experts,

Good Day !

I also have the similar query for the downloading to the documentation , I tried to locate even 4.4 Server manuals in EPUB , with the link provided , but No Luck. Can anyone guide me if there is any alternate link for the same, Appreciate your help.

Welcome to the MongoDB Community Forums @Pushpendra_Bhandari !

As noted earlier in this discussion topic, the MongoDB documentation is not currently published in a downloadable format like EPUB or PDF – these formats are not supported by the current documentation build tools.

Unfortunately it looks like older (and outdated) downloadable manual versions are also no longer available.

Manuals for supported versions of MongoDB are regularly updated with new tutorials and information, so the online version will always be the best reference.

Can you share your use case for downloading the MongoDB documentation? I’m not aware of any current activity to create support for alternative publishing formats, but it would be helpful to know what you plan to use this for.

Regards,
Stennie

Many Thanks Stennie for your Speedy Reply.

The reason for the downloadable manual / documentation is to take a print and read it.
I am new to the MongoDB and this traditional method is very effective if one has to learn and retain the knowledge. Moreover I am more comfortable with this way, Like me there would be many users who are comfortable with it.

Regards
Push

1 Like

I also agree with the message above.

It is convenient for me to read the printed version or from the ebook
It is not always possible from a computer (online version)

I have epub version for Mongo 4, if you need

I managed to download it before they closed this feature

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.