MongoDB.live Scavenger Hunt Food Quest!

To celebrate our global MongoDB.live events happening around the world (virtually) from November, 10 2020 to January, 14 2020 we would like to learn what local food you love best!

Respond to this post and tell us about your favorite breakfast, lunch, dinner, drink, or snack to complete this step of our MongoDB.live Scavenger Hunt!

Visit the Developer Community virtual booth at your local MongoDB.live event to learn more about MongoDB Community programs and take part in scavenger hunt!

7 Likes

Masala Dosa - this finger-licking masala dosa is pure south Indian; it has its origins in that geographically-diverse Karnataka region. The rice crèpe is ingeniously simple: rice and lentils for the batter, cooked on a skillet. Voila! You get a mouthwatering filling of potato and onion curry dipped in chutney. Naturally, it’s sumptuous on its own too!.

6 Likes

Recently moved to Denmark and loving the local Flæskesteg!

5 Likes

For local (Germany) I go for “Pfannkuchen”

which you can have sweet

grafik grafik grafik

savory or filled with salad …
grafik

Personally I am an all time barbecue person independent if hot summer :sun_with_face: or snow winter :snowman: So I always go what the season provides.
And if I want to vary: you can make super tasty curries on a barbecue fire.

Beside this I try to combine South African Barbecue style with Cape Malay style (both found around Cape Town) - not local but I brought them 20 years back form SA to my home in Germany and cultivate them since then: Squash (something between pumpkin and zucchini)
grafik

And @Binay_Agarwal your Masala Dosa looks great !!!

Michael

PS and if you are now under the impression that I have beside MongoDB a further passion than you are correct… Actually this forces a third passion: the need of workouts, I am runner (no sprint).

7 Likes

My favourite local lunch would be amala with gbegiri and ewedu soup decorated with assorted meats. I haven’t eaten this in a year because I am miles away from home.

4 Likes

My favourite breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks : PANCAKES!!! I can eat them for every meal, and have recently discovered a great healthy alternative made of just oats and banana!

4 Likes

Pitepalt

4 Likes

Hi @Peter_Johansson

is that close to Ebelskiver? I love them !

grafik

Michael

4 Likes

No like a sort of dumplings. No apples in them :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

This is my one and only breakfast! LOVE IT!
coff

5 Likes

Here in Québec, Canada there is nothing better then “Tourtiere du lac st jean”. We usally eat that around Christmas. Full of meat and potato. I love it

4 Likes

**My favorite local South African tea is Rooibos Tea

Centuries ago, rooibos was a drink of the bushmen, who chopped the bush’s stalks, bruised them with hammers, and let them ferment and dry in the sun – to be sipped later in a warm brew over cooking fires.

At first glance, the rooibos bush is unremarkable. It is almost spindly, with needle-like stalks, and looks like just another scrub in the fynbos – the ecologically rich heathland of western South Africa.

Despite its name, it’s not red but earthy green. Rooibos, or “red bush” in Afrikaans, refers to the plant after fermentation, when its stalks turn a deep auburn.

Brew Rooibos Tea for Health

Rooibos tea shows promise when it comes to treating common ailments such as pain and skin conditions, as well as more serious diseases such as heart disease and diabetes. With a rich, crimson color that is visually pleasing along with a smoky, fruity and subtle flavor profile, drinking rooibos tea is a pleasure. Pour yourself a cup of tea and enjoy a sweet tea experience and reap the health benefits.

I highly recommend you give it a try!

4 Likes

Cabrito is very tasty and quite popular around here.

3 Likes

I am a major foodie so it’s tough to just pick one favorite item… but here are some of my favorites.
Breakfast: Monte Cristo or Eggs Benedict
Lunch: Dim Sum or Pho
Dinner: Sweet Potato Pizza (Haven’t found one in the states yet but amazing in Korea), KBBQ, Korean Fried Chicken, or Kimchi Stew

3 Likes

Hyderabadi Dum Biryani ! No second thoughts :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m right there with you @Yigit_Erkal :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Akshay_Pallerla I had Hyderabadi Biryani for the first time during my last visit to India. Absolutely hands down the best!

3 Likes

Indeed :grinning:
Hyderabad a South Indian city with 400 years history is well known for 2 things
One Charminar ( 4 minarets) and other Hyderabad Biryani.Made with chicken or lamb or egg and rice and lots of spices

3 Likes

Hello everyone from Trujillo (Peru). Here, a good lunch on a sunny day is ceviche. Delicious!

MongoDB_live2020_ceviche

3 Likes

My personal favorite here in Rochester, NY is Cocina Latina, a Puerto Rican restaurant.

Being from Rochester, I also have to shout out our aptly named Garbage Plates!
Garbage Plate

3 Likes