MongoDB Java Driver 4.2.3 Released

The 4.2.3 MongoDB Java & JVM Drivers release is a patch to the 4.2.2 release.

Reference documentation

The documentation hub includes extensive documentation of the 4.2 driver, including

and much more.

Bug fixes

You can find a full list of bug fixes here .

API Documentation

https://mongodb.github.io/mongo-java-driver/4.2/apidocs/

Hi @Jeffrey_Yemin , will the MongoDB java driver sync version 4.2.3 supports MongoDB 5.0, Although the official documentation says no. But I was able to connect to MongoDB 5.0 from this java driver. I wanted to know what is the limitation of it. Please let me know. Its bit urgent and important for me to know.

We have never tested the 4.2 driver against MongoDB 5.0, but I’m not aware of a specific failure scenario that would cause an existing application to break. There may be features of MongoDB 5.0 that you won’t be able to use (ones that require corresponding driver changes).

1 Like

Our application partners have recently upgraded the Mongo Java Driver to 4.2.3 from 3.11.2 on a performance test environments to test the new driver.
They connect to an instance running MongoDB 4.2.17
with maxIdleTimeMS set to 3600000 (1 hr ) for many of their heavily used services .
The default value for this per MongoDB is 0 but this tweak was made as a workaround for socket exception failures between the application node to the DB host .

Before the driver version upgrade , we used to see around 5000 connections and now we have started the seeing 10000-12000 connections . The number of authentications have also gone up by 5x .
We are concerned about this increase in the number of connections and authentications .
Question1 :- Is this a known fallout of MongoDB Java-Driver 4.2.3 due to reactive streams ?
Question2 :- What is the best path forward in light of this increase in connections to the Database ?

The driver was installed correctly, there were no problems, except for initializing the database on existing projects, I found a solution here

No, it shouldn’t have anything to do with reactive streams. Is your application even using reactive streams?

This is not a known issue, so the best path forward is to open a support ticket to investigate further. It’s not the kind of thing that is easily handled in a forum like this one, as it will likely involve client and server log analysis, etc.