Mongodb installation issues

Hello Guyz, please i am having this issue trying to set up my mondo db

MongoDB shell version v5.0.3 connecting to: mongodb://127.0.0.1:27017/?compressors=disabled&gssapiServiceName=mongodb Error: couldn’t connect to server 127.0.0.1:27017, connection attempt failed: SocketException: Error connecting to 127.0.0.1:27017 :: caused by :: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. : connect@src/mongo/shell/mongo.js:372:17 @(connect):2:6 exception: connect failed exiting with code 1

Hi @Olubola_Morgan,

Looks like you are trying to connect to a localhost MongoDB Node but looks like you don’t have a mongod running on the port 27017 of your localhost.

Which tutorial are you following? Which kind of machine are you trying to install MongoDB to (Mac, Linux, Windows)?

Cheers,
Maxime.

1 Like

Just noticed the course was over 3yrs and they have and updated course so i’m going back to the updated course and would get back to this, they even made used of --rest that i learnt has been removed, gimme some few hours and i will know my status, its important i get comfortable with mongodb asap and i would really appreciate all the help i can get.

thank you very much for your reply

If you are looking to learn MongoDB, check out the MongoDB University. These courses are free and produced directly by the education team in MongoDB and definitely up-to-date.
That’s the best source of training out there :smiley: !

Cheers,
Maxime.

3 Likes

Hi @Olubola_Morgan,

As an indication of how old the course you found must be, the --rest option has been deprecated since MongoDB 3.2 (Dec 2015) and removed since MongoDB 3.6 (Nov 2017).

I strongly second @MaBeuLux88’s recommendation on MongoDB University courses as the most direct path for structured learning about modern versions of MongoDB.

There are also some great developer articles, tutorials, and videos on the MongoDB Developer Hub and lots of suggestions and knowledge shared if you search, browse, or ask in the Community Forums.

Regards,
Stennie

1 Like

Guys, i really thank you for all the help and comments, its really made the journey worthwhile, i’m currently in class at MongoDb University, trying to earn my badge, thank for pointing to the right, i already am on it, thanks once more

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.