MongoDB deployment does not support retryable writes

I’m trying to test a simple sharded MongoDB cluster configuration, with MongoDB 4.4.6 on Ubuntu 20.04, installed from the official mongodb-org package. I ran the following steps:

1. Start up shard servers:
    mkdir ./mongo1 ./mongo2
    mongod --shardsvr --dbpath ./mongo1 --port 27014
    mongod --shardsvr --dbpath ./mongo2 --port 27015

2. Start up config server:
    mkdir ./mongoconfig
    mongod --configsvr --replSet configSet --dbpath ./mongoconfig --port 27016

3. Connected to the config server using mongo localhost:27016 and ran the following command to initiate the (single-node) config server cluster:
    rs.initiate({ _id: 'configSet', configsvr: true, members: [ { _id: 0, host: 'localhost:27016' } ] })

4. Start up mongos:
    mongos --configdb configSet/localhost:27016 --port 27020

5. Connect to mongos in the admin database with mongo localhost:27020/admin, and configure sharding servers:
    sh.addShard('localhost:27014')
    sh.addShard('localhost:27015')

6. Configure sharding for database test and collection test.cities:
    db.runCommand({ enablesharding : "test" })
    db.runCommand({ shardcollection : "test.cities", key : {name : 1} })

7. Finally, import some test data using mongoimport.
    The data to import is in the file cities.json, whose content is:
    cities.json:
    [{"name":"Sant Julià de Lòria", "country":"AD", "timezone":"Europe/Andorra", "population":8022, "location": { "longitude":42.46372, "latitude":1.49129} }, {"name":"Pas de la Casa", "country":"AD", "timezone":"Europe/Andorra", "population":2363, "location": { "longitude":42.54277, "latitude":1.73361} }]
    The import command is:
    mongoimport --host localhost:27020 --db test --collection cities --type json cities.json --jsonArray

When running the import command, I get the following error:

Failed: this MongoDB deployment does not support retryable writes. Please add retryWrites=false to your connection string

I also tried the following, which gives the exact same error:

mongoimport --uri "mongodb://localhost:27020/?retryWrites=false" --db test --collection cities --type json cities.json --jsonArray

What am I missing? How do I make retryable writes work in this simple sharded cluster?

Thank you.

What is the version of your mongoimport?
Check this link

https://jira.mongodb.org/browse/TOOLS-2745

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

The version of mongoimport that I used is 100.4.0, which is a bit higher than the “Fix Version/s” reported in the ticket (100.2.1),.