MongoDB Compass not connecting well to the ServerLess DB

I’ve created a new serverless instance (with no IP limitations).
I’m successfully connecting to it with my app’s code, and am able to write/read data from it, even from my local host.
I’m successfully connecting to it via MongoDB Compass, I can see the collection names and stats (like the number of documents in each, and their size). But when I’m trying to see the documents themselves, it’s stuck on “Fetching Documents” forever (even hours). This happens on all collections.
I’ve verified that I’m using a user with the right permissions (currently, only one user exists).

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Hi @APIprofit_N_A,

Welcome to the community :wave:

But when I’m trying to see the documents themselves, it’s stuck on “Fetching Documents” forever (even hours).

Could you provide the following:

• A sample document that you are attempting to view via MongoDB Compass
  • The MongoDB Compass version you are using

Best Regards,
Jason

I had the same issue with Compass version 1.29.4 (doing db.coll.find() in the shell worked just fine, but using the Documents tab was stuck on “Fetching Documents” forever.

However, the problem went away upon upgrading to 1.30.1.

1 Like

Thanks for posting the information regarding the versions and advising that the document fetching issue you were experienced had resolved upon upgrading to verion 1.30.1 of Compass @Raman_Gupta. Also, welcome to the community :slight_smile:

It appears on the 1.29.5 release notes for compass they noted the following bug fix which appears to be related:

• Fixes document searching for Serverless Atlas.

Regards,
Jason

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.