Announcing 1.22.0-beta0 of libbson and libmongoc, the libraries constituting the MongoDB C Driver.
- Do not auto decrypt before emitting CommandSucceeded events.
- Use OP_MSG if a server API version is requested.
- Add server connectionId to command monitoring events.
- Add support for the comment field to all helpers.
- Support mongo_shared shared library.
- Support pre-point-in-time change stream events.
- Support Queryable Encryption.
- Support ‘let’ option for multiple CRUD commands.
- Add Key Management API functions.
- The 5.0-compat release (1.18.0) accidentally broke estimatedDocumentCount on views by changing its implementation to use aggregate and a $collStats stage instead of the count command.
- The new release is fixing estimatedDocumentCount on views by reverting back to using count in its implementation.
- Due to an oversight, the count command was omitted from the Stable API in server versions 5.0.0 - 5.0.8 and 5.1.0 - 5.3.1, so users of the Stable API with estimatedDocumentCount are recommended to upgrade their MongoDB clusters to 5.0.9 or 5.3.2 (if on Atlas) or set apiStrict: false when constructing their MongoClients.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release.
- Kevin Albertson
- Jeremy Mikola
- Colby Pike
- Ezra Chung
- Roberto C. Sánchez
- Jake Molnar
- Jesse Williamson
- Remi Collet