I’m pleased to announce version 1.17.0 of libbson and libmongoc,
the libraries constituting the MongoDB C Driver.
For more information, see the 1.17.0 release on GitHub.
- Support streamable server monitoring to reduce recovery time when the server topology changes.
- Support the MONGODB-AWS authentication mechanism.
- Support Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP).
- Support configuring hedged reads in read preferences.
- Reduce the number of round trips necessary for SCRAM and X509 authentication.
- Monitor servers in parallel when using a mongoc_client_pool_t instead of doing serial scans.
- Support the “hint” option in operations using the update, replace, delete, and findAndModify commands.
- Improve behavior for retryable writes.
- Improve resuming behavior of change streams on server errors.
- Remove restriction of 255 character collection namespaces.
- Fix criteria for resumable errors in change streams.
- Fix rare crashes when server is invalidated during authentication.
- Reject client session for mongoc_collection_estimated_document_count.
- Fix behavior of a SecondaryPreferred read preference for exhaust cursor operations against a sharded cluster. Prior to the fix, a nonzero maxStalenessSeconds would not trigger sending the read preference.
- Fix SRV polling. Prior to the fix, SRV polling did not properly apply newly discovered results.
- Fix checks for existing GridFS indexes to handle indexes created by the MongoDB shell.
- Fix possible use of invalidated streams during an unordered OP_QUERY bulk write, and when ending many pooled sessions at client destruction.
- Fix a crash when setting the crl_file TLS option for Secure Channel.
- Avoid emitting duplicate ServerChanged events when no change is observed during monitoring.
- Properly handle large SASL messages instead of erroring.
- Deprecated “lib” prefixed artifacts are no longer produced when building on Windows.
- Add the cmake option ENABLE_PIC to build static libraries with position independent code.
- Fix possible int32 overflow when comparing and constructing large bson_t’s.
- Fix pedantic compiler warnings.