MongoDB Atlas Serverless - VPC Peering

Hello.

I have spent the better part of the day trying to setup network peering between a SERVERLESS MongoDB Atlas and a GCP. I managed to setup peering between the Atlas project and GCP but whenever I try to connect from within GCP, connection failed due to IP whitelisting. What I found was that both the private connection string (-pri) as well as the normal connection string are resolved only to the public IP, hence traffic is routed through the internet bypassing the peered VPCs.

After a lot of frustration I finally found: https://www.mongodb.com/docs/atlas/reference/serverless-instance-limitations/ which seems to state that for SERVERLESS MongoDB clusters VPC Peering does not yet work. Could someone confirm that this is indeed the case?

Hi @arnomi,

Yes, as per the documentation you have linked - VPC peering is not supported for serverless instances as of the time of this message. However, Private Endpoint connections using Private Service Connect will be coming soon for serverless instances.

Regards,
Jason

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.