MongoDb Atlas and Azure

Hi,

first post, very new to the forums, so please feel free to direct me to the appropriate place if I have posted somewhere I shouldn’t.

We are looking into using Realm/MongoDb we want to use Atlas and no worry about managing MongoDb, we are mostly an Azure platform so we are looking at Dedicated resources on Azure and I was wondering if there was anyone on here similar to us, that might be able to answer a question.

When we created the dedicated resource, what exactly is created on Azure ? I assume a resource group that we have access to that we are able to configure connectivity with other Azure resources ?

thanks
Michael

Welcome to the MongoDB Community Forums @Michael_Pine !

Atlas provisions and manages the required cloud provider resources for your Atlas clusters (for example, Azure instances). Your interaction as far as resource management/configuration for Atlas clusters goes is via the Atlas UI or API.

For dedicated Atlas clusters you can create a Private Endpoint which uses Azure’s Private Link feature to provide secure connectivity to mapped Azure resources. Connectivity to other Azure resources via Private Link is managed by your team via your Azure Portal or API.

Regards,
Stennie

Hi Stennie,

thanks for the feedback after doing some reading about the Private Link it looked like this would be what we would be doing but thanks for confirmation, I’ll keep doing my read.

So basically we create a Private Endpoint to our dedicated clusters and then use Private Link to setup connectivity between other Azure resources.

thanks
Michael

Hi Michael,

Yes, that’s correct. If you have further questions on capacity planning or setup of a dedicated Atlas cluster it may be worth connecting with the Sales team & a Solutions Architect: Contact Us. However, we should be able to help with any general questions in the forums.

Regards,
Stennie

Yes we are also in contact with MongoDb here in Australia but I just wanted to get onto the forums and just ask a couple of questions, we will be engaging them down the track as for now we already have Realm integration and working well but now we are starting to get out deployment and infrastructure in place.

cheers
Michael

Hi Michael,

FYI, I work for MongoDB based in Sydney, Australia as part of the Developer Relations team in Engineering: 🌱 G'day, I'm Stennie from MongoDB 🇦🇺 .

It sounds like you’re on the right path for researching your Atlas deployment plans.

Cheers,
Stennie

Awesome,

yes I have been talking to Amanda/Jason during the week :slight_smile:

thanks
Michael

1 Like