MongoDB 4.2.9 is out and is ready for production deployment. This release contains only fixes since 4.2.8, and is a recommended upgrade for all 4.2 users.
Fixed in this release:
- SERVER-44051 getShardDistribution() does not report "Collection XYZ is not sharded" on dropped but previously sharded collections
- SERVER-45610 Some reads work while system is RECOVERING
- SERVER-47714 Secondary asserts on system.profile collection with WiredTigerRecordStore::insertRecord 95: Operation not supported
- SERVER-48067 Reduce memory consumption for unique index builds with large numbers of non-unique keys
- SERVER-49233 Introduce a flag to toggle the logic for bumping collection's major version during split
- WT-6480 Fix a bug where files without block modification information were repeatedly copied at each incremental backup