Mongo shell doesnt seem to work properly

Hi, beginner with Mongodb on windows10 here, not sure whether it’s the problem of GitBash or mongo shell. There are several apparent problems.

1. When I type between texts, the texts on the right side got taken place by the new content, instead of moving right. eg. If I try to add the “l” into “Wecome”, I get “Welome” instead of “Welcome”.
  2. There is no mark at the start of a line, like the gitbash default $ ($ cd … ) to suggest all the commands.
  3. After a few commands,(especially after copy and paste) mongo shell just stops responding
  4. all the shortcuts don’t seem to work except ctrl+c
    What might be the issue here?

Hi @Luke_He - Welcome to the community :wave:

1. When I type between texts, the texts on the right side got taken place by the new content, instead of moving right. eg. If I try to add the “l” into “Wecome”, I get “Welome” instead of “Welcome”.
  2. There is no mark at the start of a line, like the gitbash default $ ($ cd … ) to suggest all the commands.

I’m having a bit of trouble trying to understand what may be going on here but it seems it might be easier with a screenshot. Would you be able to provide a screenshot with perhaps some annotations for this?

Additionally, I myself have not used gitbash. but are you having the same troubles using mongosh direct from your terminal / command prompt to perform your tasks? If not, I would recommend giving this a go. Otherwise, please provide details on the use case for gitbash and what you are attempting to do.

Thanks,
Jason