Mongo db enterprise version, GPG key expired for ubuntu 20.04

GPG key showing invalid…

Warning: apt-key output should not be parsed (stdout is not a terminal)
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.

ERROR: failed to solve: process “/bin/sh -c apt-get update && apt-get install -y wget gnupg && wget -qO - https://www.mongodb.org/static/pgp/server-6.0.asc | apt-key add - && echo "deb [ arch=amd64,arm64,s390x ] MongoDB Repositories focal/mongodb-enterprise/6.0 multiverse" | tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mongodb-enterprise.list && apt-get update && apt-get install -y mongodb-enterprise && apt-get clean” did not complete successfully: exit code:

Cannot reproduce your issue, I can setup the repo and install MongoDB Enterprise without issue. It looks like the wget of the GPG Publlic Key did not succeed in your command and output invalid data to the apt-key add -

Please use formatting when posting code and outputs.

It appears the current public key is valid up until February 2027 (and since February 20222)

root@bbe41aedd8e5:/# wget -qO - https://www.mongodb.org/static/pgp/server-6.0.asc | gpg          
gpg: directory '/root/.gnupg' created
gpg: keybox '/root/.gnupg/pubring.kbx' created
gpg: WARNING: no command supplied.  Trying to guess what you mean ...
pub   rsa4096 2022-02-23 [SC] [expires: 2027-02-22]
      39BD841E4BE5FB195A65400E6A26B1AE64C3C388
uid           MongoDB 6.0 Release Signing Key <packaging@mongodb.com>

As of about 5 - 6 hours ago, there was something wrong with the mongodb.org site. According to chrome, its certificate was invalid. It looks like it expired on December 30. They must have fixed/changed something since then because it now redirects to mongodb.com (which was working correctly back then) just fine (not sure if it always redirected beforehand or not) and you should be able to download that key through that link again. Our environments ran into this as well and I noticed that the docs at mongodb on installing mongo now reference getting it from https://pgp.mongodb.com/server-6.0.asc (not sure if/when that was ever changed as we’ve been using the same link for a long time now) so I changed our workflow over to use that one instead of the older one. As I also mentioned though, the old links do seem to be working again too.

1 Like

I am installing it over docker.

But now it is installing and working fine.

Thanks for replying and support.