Looking for Hackers: Does NO mean YES?

Team Name: Does NO mean YES?

Outline of project & requirements from team members

I can’t form a team on my own in this Hackathon, also I am a little bit limited in time. But I like to share some ideas and if a team likes to pick up I’d be glad to support when it comes to Data Architecture / Schema Design. :slight_smile:

The hypothesis is that before major, often negative or unpleasant, events. Politicians like to emphasize that these events will NOT occur.
An interesting question is: can we establish a relationship between these statements and the final occurrence? Is it possible to identify contraindications and thus possibly predict the occurrence of events?

Team member skills required

various

How many team members wanted

Time Zone (to facilitate collaboration)

open

8 Likes

Hi @michael_hoeller ! I just got in here for the night & am very intrigued by and interested in seeing if or how I could help a team get started with the project that you outline here. I am just not sure where I can start or how I can help. I am a frontend tech degree grad with about 2 1/2 years of study, with some MongoDB university course work under my belt but very limited when it comes to how to tackle a hackathon project of this caliber. If I can help or be a part of helping even just to find a team, I will be more than happy to do it, like you I am pressed for time, so I like to put my best foot forward with the time I do have. Now I am off to catch up on some hackathon material, read some GDELT and CAMEO code documentation and try my best to soak it in and become more useful than I was yesterday. Have a great night and hope to talk soon!

6 Likes

Hello @Jason_Nutt ,

glad to hear that you want to get into this. I was loosely following your 100 DayOfCode challange. As noted I can not run this project but would be happy to support. IMHO it would be a good setup to find two seniors who want to sit in the driving seats and rock the project.

To explain more: I am bound more than expected in two other customer projects. I might be too careful at this point but I do not want to over commit and not deliver at the end and in turn negatively affect a team. I can commit to support in terms of schema design and querying - every commitment beyond would be a risk. Also I do not mind when you and others pick the idea and you do it on your own.

I like the idea mentioned in the subject so I wanted to share the idea. If no one picks it up now there is a good chance that this will become later a side project :wink:

Hope this works for you,
Michael

3 Likes