"Limit Results" doesn't work as expected

I didn’t try other chart types; I am trying to create donut charts, and “Limit Results” under “Label” doesn’t work as expected.

First of all, Up/Down arrow does change the number but it doesn’t update the chart, if you type the number in and hit enter it updates the chart.

Most importantly, If I type 3, it shows me 12, If I type 2; it shows 2, If I type 6, it doesn’t do anything. I couldn’t find a pattern.

Hi Kay

Thanks for the question. The numeric entry text box is a bit flaky on some browsers. We do have a new version of that component which we’ll push out on that card. Apologies for the inconvenience.

The rendering behaviour you’re seeing is likely caused by having multiple data points with the same value. Charts will render more points than you ask for if there are additional points with the same value as those within the limit. For example if your data points are 9, 7, 6, 5, 4, 4, 4, 3 and you ask for the top 5, you’ll get 7 as all the 4s are of equal size. It is a little strange but we thought it was better than arbitrarily choosing which values to render.

HTH
Tom

3 Likes

Hello @tomhollander,

Thank you so much for fast reply and explanation. Now, I do understand the behavior.

Best,
-Kay

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.