License Cost for Opsmanager with Community Edition

Hello,

I want to know, if there is any cost involved if : I am using the Ops-manager to run on community version of the MongoDB ?
I understand there will be no support for community edition unlike Enterprise edition for both Ops-manager and community edition mongodb software.

Can any one answer my question. I will be grateful if you find any link supporting the fact.

Thanks in advance !!

Regards,
Jay

Welcome to the MongoDB Community Forums @jay_87395!

Use of Ops Manager is subject to the MongoDB Customer Agreement. The most relevant clause for your question is 2 (b) regarding Subscriptions:

Free Evaluation and Development. MongoDB grants you a royalty-free, nontransferable and nonexclusive license to use and reproduce the Software in your internal environment for evaluation and development purposes. You will not use the Software for any other purpose, including testing, quality assurance or production purposes without purchasing an Enterprise Advanced Subscription. We provide the free evaluation and development license of our Software on an “AS-IS” basis without any warranty.

If your environment and usage meets this criteria, you can use Ops Manager (and MongoDB Enterprise) without purchasing an Enterprise Advanced Subscription. Any other usage would require appropriate licensing.

Regards,
Stennie

Thanks Stennie !!
I understand that use of Ent. edition of mongodb with Ops Manager will have a cost involved.
However, my question is about : if i use community edition Mongodb with Ops Manager for Prod/QA/Test purpose, will there be any cost involve for such combination of the use case ?

Thanks and Regards,
Jay

Its pretty plain, you want to use it (excluding evaluation and develeopment) you have to have a license.

1 Like

Hi @jay_87395,

Yes, licensing applies to use of the Software as defined in the Customer Agreement which includes Ops Manager:

“Software” means the MongoDB Enterprise database software, MongoDB Ops Manager, MongoDB Charts, MongoDB Connector for Business Intelligence, and any other software included with a Subscription, including any generally available updates to such software, but excluding (a) beta offerings and (b) open source software components, each of which has its copyright notice and license included in the license file and Documentation.

Using Ops Manager to deploy Community Server does not exempt you from the licensing requirement for Ops Manager.

More specifically, see the second sentence in my quote from 2(b) in the Agreement:

You will not use the Software for any other purpose, including testing, quality assurance or production purposes without purchasing an Enterprise Advanced Subscription.

Regards,
Stennie

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.