Is there a way to check that the cluster tier limit has been surpassed?

Hi,

My M2 tier cluster has been extremely slow recently, so slow, that I can’t retrieve the collections from the database or even connect to it with mongosh. I’m assuming that I might have surpassed the data transfer limit of 20 GBs in/out although I can’t verify it. I’m surprised that Atlas doesn’t show any alerts or errors and everything seems normal and green.

So my questions are:

1. Is there a way to verify that the cluster tier limits have been surpassed?
  2. Can I set up an alert for such cases?

P.S. I’ve seen this related issue, but it doesn’t answer these questions.

Thanks!

I’ve reached the support, so I might end up resolving it faster that way. If so I’ll leave the solution in this topic.

1 Like

Hi @Gleb_Ignatev

would be great!!

Regards

I still have no idea if there is a way to verify that the cluster tier limits have been surpassed, but we’ve upgraded the cluster tier and it seems that the slowdown problem has been resolved. It’s a shame tho that we were not notified in any way about this problem.

Hi @Gleb_Ignatev,

Welcome to the MongoDB community :wave:

1. Is there a way to verify that the cluster tier limits have been surpassed?

You would need to contact the Atlas support team via the in-app chat support and ask if they are able to check if the network transfer limits for your cluster(s) were / have been exceeded although from reading the post you may have already requested them to check this.

1. Can I set up an alert for such cases?

There isn’t an alert which is available for the network limit transfer being exceeded on the M0, M2 and M5 tier clusters. I would recommend voting up on the following feedback post regarding alerts of this type of scenario.

Regards,
Jason

1 Like