Install new Database Tools version > 100.0.0 on 4.2 MongoDB Server

Hello! I have one MongoDB Server 4.2.1 installed on RedHat and I need install the new Database Tools (Version > 100.0.0 and started in MongoDB 4.4).

ASK: Have one way to install this Database Tools ( > 100) in the same machine of the MongoDB server 4.2.1 without have conflits? (I know that this Database Tools started in 4.4)

Command: sudo yum install -y --bugfix mongodb-database-tools-rhel70-x86_64-100.6.1.rpm

My problem is that have the 4.2.1 MongoDB Server installed in the same package of Tools earlier 4.4 MongoDB. If not is possiblem install in the same machine, I think install in other server without MondoDB, only to execute my jobs with new features of Database Tools in a 4.2 MongoDB.

Thanks,
Henrique,

I’d recommend uninstalling the package Database Tools you installed with 4.2 and then install the v100.6.1.

2 Likes

But this is the problem, the packge is the same of MongoDB Server, only on Database Tools the packges were divided (Born on MongoDB 4.4):

Is possiblem uninstall only the Tools on 4.2.1 MongoDB Server?

They have always been a separate package . Only with 4.4 did they become separate from the server package and start their own versioning.

Yes you can safely remove mongodb-org-tools it is install as a dependency of the meta-package mongodb-org the server package(mongod) is actually mongodb-org-server.

2 Likes

Please, if you have the procedure to do this, i will be greatful. Look my try do remove packge mongo-org-tools by my MongoDB 4.2.1 server:

Thanks,
Henrique.

I thought you were on redhat as you had yum in your first post. I can post something tomorrow unless someone beats me to it.

What Ubuntu version?

1 Like

I’m sorry, this is my LAB on Ubuntu 18.04. This is a long history, because DEV and HML use MongoDB Standalone on Ubuntu 18.04 and PRD runs on RedHat (CentOS 7) Replicaset PSA.

But in this case of tests is Ubuntu 18.04.

Thanks,
Henrique.

Thanks for all Chris!

I found the problem: Only remove the Hold, but not only mongodb-org-tools but too mongodb-org:

Thanks!
Henrique.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.