Import CSV to Mongo with .Net Mongo-driver using mongoimport

Hi guys, is there any way to use the command or utility “mongoimport” with the .Net Mongo Driver to load a .CSV in mongo atlas for running it in a microservice than read the file in a url or cloud storage.

Thanks for your help.

Hi @Jose_Alejandro_Benit, thanks for your question!

mongoimport is a separate tool that does not depend on or require the use of any driver. You usually use it to load data that’s generated from either mongoexport or some other third-party export tool.

What are you trying to do? Any additional information would be great so that we can point you in the right direction!

2 Likes

Thanks Adrienne, we are trying to import masive records into mongo collections using .net driver or nodejs. Right now we are reading de CSV file row by row and doing a “InsertMany” but we want to know if there is another fastest way to do this load.

Thanks.
Pd. Excuse me for my english.

No worries at all, I understand you @Jose_Alejandro_Benit. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the context around what you’re doing.

A few more questions:

• Is this a one-time insert of these massive records or are you doing this more frequently?
  • Can you share your code snippet that is doing the inserts?
  • How many documents are you trying to insert/how many records are we talking about?

Thank you! The answers to these questions will help me get a clearer picture of what you’re doing and will help me determine if there are any improvements or changes needed!

1 Like

Thanks Adrienne.

1. It’s not a one-time insert, we need do it few times a month.
  2. Sure, we did it in NetCore, we read a file, line by line create an object and add it to a list, after that, we send the list to another method to do a bulkinsert using a batchSize.
    (our code is in spanish)

1. We will try to read/insert about 2 or 3 millions of records by file. We are building an app, here the end-user upload a .csv file and we read the file and create a collection and insert the records.

Again, thanks for your help.