I pay for Continuous Backup - Why do I not get support?

I pay every month for Continuous Backup. I used to be able to create a support case, but now I can’t – why not?

I don’t know of any other product where the company takes my money but provides zero support.

And no, a community forum is not a replacement for a support program.

Hi @Matt_Parlane

Sorry your experience has been suboptimal.

I believe you’re using Cloud Manager, which is the cloud-based management system for an on-prem MongoDB deployment. Cloud Manager supports continuous backup feature, which requires you to install an agent in your deployment, and the backup itself was stored in MongoDB’s cloud servers. This storage is the reason for the charge, as described in this page https://www.mongodb.com/docs/cloud-manager/reference/faq/faq-backup/#is-my-data-safe

Cloud Manager uses enterprise-grade hardware co-located in secure data centers to store all user data.

However if you’re having issues with the backup, I think you should be able to report it and get help within that subject. Depending on your actual deployment, could you double check that the agent is running or restart it using the instructions in https://www.mongodb.com/docs/cloud-manager/tutorial/nav/start-or-stop-mongodb-agent/#restart-the-mongodb-agent

If everything is in order and you’re still having issues, please DM me the details of your deployment so I can notify the relevant teams regarding this issue.

Best regards
Kevin

1 Like

I’m not sure you’re understanding me – I pay for Continuous Backup, but I do not get any support for it, and I want to know why.

Currently I am forced to post on a community forum, which may or may not be answered by someone who is actually equipped to help – and that does not count as support.

It’s unreasonable for you to take someone’s money but provide zero support in return.

You should be able to open a support case regarding your backup issue. What happens when you click on the Create New Case button on the top right:

Best regards
Kevin

I see this:

Thanks Matt. I agree that this looks strange. I have forwarded your concerns to the relevant team, and I’m waiting for their reply. Thanks for your patience.

Kevin

Hi Matt,

Just to give you an update, I have escalated this internally. I understand that this is an important issue for you. I’m hopeful that this will be resolved soon. I will let you know if there are further news.

Best regards
Kevin

1 Like