How To Rename Realm App?

Hello, I am simply trying to rename my app so that I don’t have to make a new one and spend an hour re-entering secrets.

It does not appear that there is a way to change a Realm App’s name in the UI, but the documentation on Realm config files suggests that it should be possible to edit the name by pushing an altered config file.

However, if I edit my config files such that I change the app name:

{
    "config_version": "-------",
    "app_id": "app_id",
    "name": "new-app-name",
    "location": "US-VA",
    "deployment_model": "GLOBAL"
},

and push via realm-cli push --remote=“app_id”,

The name change does not register.

How else might I accomplish this? Thanks!

Hi @Austin_Imperial,

When creating the App initially, the UI prompts that the name cannot be changed later as it is used internally:

but the documentation on Realm config files suggests that it should be possible to edit the name by pushing an altered config file.

Could you link the specific documentation where this is suggested and also confirm if you’ve attempted to alter and then push the updated "name" value from within the "realm_config.json" file?

I understand the response from this particular push (specifically in regards to the "name" value changing in the associated file) could be improved.

Regards,
Jason

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.