How to load Mongo Assembly in SSIS

Hi Folks,

I’m have an SSIS etl pipeline and I’d like to add a package to move data from one of my SQL tables into a MongoDB. I’ll be using a script task for this.

However, I can’t get the Mongo Assembly loaded. If I use nuget from within the script task, the whole SSIS package crashes and all the dataflow tasks get wiped. Similarly, a handful of online sources show that people have tried to add the mongo drivrs to the GAC… but this doesn’t work either as the assemblies are unsigned.

In another stack thread, somebody tried to load the assembly manually using a path string.

There has to be a better way? Can we have some official help on using Mongo with SSIS scripts?

@Gary_Frewin were you able to connect to mongodb with script task?
We are also having the same use case and using visual studio 2019 with ssis extention. The whole dft fails and we have to start from scratch.

Did you get any help for integrating Mongo data using SSIS? I haven’t had any success yet.

Do I need to purachse a 3rd party driver? Or can I use the BI driver and if so, do I need to install this on the mongo server machine?

make sure you have mongodb.net driver installed on SISS.