How helpful is mongodb support?

I need to make my superior understand how effective mongodb support, or we switch to cassandra.

They’re great, like really great.

Source: Me, Migrating on-prem to Atlas.

3 Likes

Hello @David_Baldonado,

I can only second @chris The support is great. Of cause there is a difference in reaction time between enterprise and free tier - but that should be obvious. The enterprise support worked super good every time I needed it. You are asked to add a severity to your case. Sometimes I even with an low S4 I got a response in hours with is much faster than the SLA.
As a consultant in the area of noSQL DBs I deal also with other DBs than MongoDB - I can easily state that the MongoDB support is the best around.

Disclaimer: This is all personal experience and I speak on my own.

Regrads,
Michael

3 Likes

I’ll expand on my comment and echo @michael_hoeller a bit.

We were just starting the move to Atlas and I believe we received some limited Enterprise support with this on boarding. As I was working on our staging environment support requests were accordingly low or medium, response times always exceeded expectations. We also were given a pre-release version of mongomirror to see if recent changes would make a difference to our transfer times, that extra effort sticks with me.

It is seldom I have experienced support this good.

2 Likes

Thank you all for sharing your experience with mongodb support :blush:
I’m a bit frustrated for the past days before my superior insisted on using Cassandra for non-technical reasons. We are developing software for a client expecting 10,000 users, and my superior doubts that mongodb can’t handle that many users. I’m not good at explaining things technically, I’ve been using mongodb for 4yrs without studying its architecture, I just happen to enjoy using it on my projects back in college and end up evangelizing it at work without knowing much about its technicality. That way I’m in this situation.

Hi @David_Baldonado

Only based on a number of users any response is vague. The use case is important to understand and to design a well fitting database schema. However 10000 users sounds not as a stressful use case. I have seen and used MongoDB setups with millions of users, terra-bytes of data and high traffic volumes. But again, this is kind of unprofessional to go further, the message at this point is: as long as nothing has been made awfully wrong 10000 users should not be an issue at all.
Regards,
Michael

3 Likes

Thank you, you’re a life saver, I feel confident talking to my superior about this.

1 Like

Well, in case you want to go to a tech discussion it is always good to prepare the pro and cons.
I strongly suggest to underpin your suggestion with researched arguments.
In case you need support: find a reliable MongoDB consultant in your area or contact MongoDB Professional Services . You also can ask questions here in the forum, though this can not replace professional consulting to find the best option.
Regards,
Michael

1 Like