Host Failed in replica set

I am not able to access MongoDB. While the mongodb is running, i am not able to access it. Below is the log:

“ctx”:“UpdateReplicaSetOnConfigServer”,“msg”:“Host failed in replica set”,“attr”:{“replicaSet”:“config”,“host”:“:port”,“success”:false,“errorMessage”:“NetworkInterfaceExceededTimeLimit: Couldn’t get a connection within the time limit”}}}}

“ctx”:“UserCacheInvalidator”,“msg”:“Host failed in replica set”,“attr”:{“replicaSet”:“config”,“host”:“20.55.103.161:27019"error”:{“code”:202,“codeName”:“NetworkInterfaceExceededTimeLimit”,“errmsg”:“Couldn’t get a connection within the time limit”},“action”:{“dropConnections”:false,“requestImmediateCheck”:false,“outcome”{“host”:“20.55.103.161:27019”,“success”:false,“errorMessage”:“NetworkInterfaceExceededTimeLimit: Couldn’t get a connection within the time limit”}}}}
“ctx”:“ReplicaSetMonitor-TaskExecutor”,“msg”:“RSM Topology Change”,“attr”:{“replicaSet”:“config”,"newTopologyDescription { id: "2136769a-5c31-45f9-be7c-54f54a3c2bc8", topologyType: "ReplicaSetNoPrimary", servers: { 20.55.103.161:27019: { address: "20.55.103.161:27019", type: "Unknown", minWireVersion: 0, maxWireVersion: 0, lastUpdateTime: new Date(-9223372036854775808), hosts: {}, arbiters: {}, passives: {} } }, setName: "config", compatible: true, maxSetVersion: 1, maxElectionId: ObjectI

It was working few days ago. Didn’t make any changes. But all of a sudden i am now not able to access the DB.
My mongos server and config server are in same virtual machine.
Any help or guidance will be highly appreciated. thank you.

Has anyone found the answer for this? This is most similar to the error I am seeing in our deployment. I am seeing a steady stream of both the “Host failed in replica set” and “RSM Topology Change” messages.

From our environment, I can open a mongo shell directly within a mongodb shard pod and execute a query. If I attempt to do the same query against the mongos service, however, I get “Authentication failed”.

Welcome to the MongoDB Community Forums @Lawson_Kendall!

Can you please start a new discussion topic with more details of your environment including:

• Specific version of MongoDB server and O/S.
  • Are all components of your cluster (mongod, mongos) using identical versions? If not, please mention any variations.
  • Steps to reproduce the error you are encountering.
  • Was this deployment working previously or is this a fresh install?
  • Any other context on recent changes (for example, did issues start occurring after a server version upgrade?).

Since you mention “pod”, I’m guessing your deployment is using k8s.

It sounds like you can connect to a shard replica set directly, so two aspects you could verify are:

• That the hostnames in your replica set and sharded cluster configuration are resolvable (and can be connected to) from all members of your cluster.

• That you have configured Keyfile authentication for the members of your sharded cluster to be able to communicate with each other.

Regards,
Stennie