Help with MongoDB connection error

Have an application currently running the dot.net DLL (2.10.3). The connection attempt to a mongoDB is generating the following error:

RROR - MongoDB connection failure: A timeout occurred after 60000ms selecting a server using CompositeServerSelector{ Selectors = MongoDB.Driver.MongoClient+AreSessionsSupportedServerSelector, LatencyLimitingServerSelector{ AllowedLatencyRange = 00:00:00.0150000 }, OperationsCountServerSelector }. Client view of cluster state is { ClusterId : “43”, Type : “ReplicaSet”, State : “Connected”, Servers : [{ ServerId: “{ ClusterId : 43, EndPoint : “10.17.152.164:27017” }”, EndPoint: “10.17.152.164:27017”, ReasonChanged: “Heartbeat”, State: “Connected”, ServerVersion: 4.2.8-8, TopologyVersion: , Type: “ReplicaSetOther”, WireVersionRange: “[0, 8]”, LastHeartbeatTimestamp: “2022-03-14T16:45:51.8552934Z”, LastUpdateTimestamp: “2022-03-14T16:45:51.8552934Z” }] }.

I am looking for a simple explanation (if there is one) for the error. I have already seen a number of posts that relate to these earlier versions of the dotnet DLL related to DNS resolution problems. However, as this is a connection using an IP address I do think that this applied.

any pointers would be appreciated.

Hi, @Andy_Trayler,

Welcome to the MongoDB Community Forums. Examining your server selection error, I can see that you are connected to a replica set with a single cluster member. The state of that member is ReplicaSetOther. ReplicaSetOther is used for server states such as STARTUP, STARTUP2, and RECOVERING. Members in this state are not selectable since the member is either starting up (STARTUP), undergoing initial sync (STARTUP2), or is attempting crash recovery (RECOVERING). I would recommend examining your mongod logs for the cluster member to troubleshoot why the node cannot reach the expected state of ReplicaSetPrimary. (If you had multiple members, another healthy state would be ReplicaSetSecondary.)

Hopefully this helps in resolving your issue.

Sincerely,
James

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.