Grant monitoring in Mongodbatlas via Atlas browner

i have asked to provide the specific user to view monitoring and read collection on database and collection. As the cluster instance is build with single project. However, the project has already stored other cluster for different application. How can it be achieved for specific database and collection level for view monitoring in MogoDBAtlas? Thanks in advance!

Hi @Amit_Kumar18 - Welcome to the community.

i have asked to provide the specific user to view monitoring and read collection on database and collection.

As the cluster instance is build with single project. However, the project has already stored other cluster for different application.

Could you further elaborate on:

1. The type of user, is this a Atlas User or Database User
  2. The type of monitoring you want the user to be able to view. e.g. access to view metrics or download mongod logs
  3. You mentioned multiple clusters within a single project, are you wanting to restrict the type of access for this user to a single cluster inside a single project?

Regards,
Jason

1. The type of user, is this a [Atlas User] or [Database User]
    This is an atlas user
    Which project role the user should be part of to view the metrics, database collection and documents from Atlas Web Console?

Hi @Amit_Kumar18,

Thanks for confirming those details.

Which project role the user should be part of to view the metrics, database collection and documents from Atlas Web Console?

You can provide the Atlas User with the Project Data Access Read Only role so that they can view data through Data Explorer and still view the cluster metrics.

I would also recommend going over the Organizations and Projects documentation which provides more details on seperating different clusters into multiple projects for certain use cases / requirements.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Jason

1 Like

Thanks a lot Jason for the support.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.