Failure to build MongoDB 4.4.4

Hi!
I’m trying to build mongodb 4.4.4 with Ubuntu 20.04, using the following command:

pip3 install -r etc/pip/compile-requirements.txt

python3 buildscripts/scons.py
install-mongod
–ssl=off
–enable-free-mon=off -j 12
–disable-warnings-as-errors
LINKFLAGS=‘-static-libstdc++’

But, it fails with an error on ocsp manager after a long time building.

src/mongo/db/db.cpp:340: error: undefined reference to 'mongo::OCSPManager::startThreadPool()'
src/mongo/util/net/ocsp/ocsp_manager.h:49: error: undefined reference to 'mongo::OCSPManager::OCSPManager()'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
scons: *** [build/opt/mongo/mongod] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.
build/opt/mongo/mongod failed: Error 1

Am I doing something wrong? I will try again with mongo 4.4.1 and see if something changes between versions.

Hi @Renan_Castro -

Thanks for getting in touch with us about the build issue you are experiencing. Does that error still reproduce for you if you build with --ssl=on instead of --ssl=off? The SSL disabled configuration isn’t a build that gets tested frequently on our side, as all of our builds that we release have SSL enabled.

If it does build with --ssl=on, I’d suggest following up with a bug report in the SERVER project on jira.mongodb.com. Please note in any such ticket if the -ssl=off configuration was working for you with a specific release in the past, as that would likely indicate a build regression.

Thanks,
Andrew

1 Like

Thanks, @Andrew_Morrow!
It’s actually as you said, the build works with SSL on, and doesn’t with ssl off.

I’m doing this on behalf of the Meteor community, as we bundle the Mongo binary with SSL off. I did a patch for this, and submitted a PR(SERVER-59010 Fix SSL off build, OCSPManager shouldn't be used when ssl = off by renanccastro · Pull Request #1401 · mongodb/mongo · GitHub). I will open an issue too!

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for submitting the PR.

I recommend mentioning that this is in support of meteor on the PR, as it may help provide some context for the reviewers (which probably won’t be me).

Meanwhile, I’d be interested to know a little more about how exactly meteor uses the mongo binaries. Could you provide a brief description?

Thanks,
Andrew

1 Like