Error while connecting MongoDB to PowerBI using MongoDB Atlas SQL (Beta)

Good morning,

I’m trying to connect a MongoDB to PowerBI using MongoDB Atlas SQL (Beta).
For some reason it is returning an error:
Details: “Data source error occurred.
SQLSTATE: 01000
NativeError: 444
Error message: ODBC: ERROR [01000] The driver returned invalid (or failed to return) SQL_DRIVER_ODBC_VER: 03.80”

I’ve also tried creating and ODBC connection on the laptop, and use it to connect to PowerBI but it’s returning error as well:
Details: “ODBC: ERROR [01000] The driver returned invalid (or failed to return) SQL_DRIVER_ODBC_VER: 03.80”

Can you support with this topic please?
Best regards & thank you in advance
Ricardo

Currently I have this version of the Driver installed on my computer.

thank you,
Ricardo

Hello @Ricardo_Couto. This error is coming up for 1 of 2 reasons (that I have observed). 1: Issue with login credentials or 2: issue with white listed IP Address.
But the big annoyance is that if you get the error on try 1, even if you fix the problem (like if you mistype your password then on the 2nd try you type it correctly) PBI holds onto the cached error.

Try out these steps to hopefully resolve this. Also, we do have new versions of the PBI Connector and ODBC driver in our download center. But the version you are using is not causing this error. Just noting this if you wanted a more up to date version. Download Atlas SQL ODBC Driver | MongoDB

Thank you so much Alexi!
Actually should I edit the permissions here? Are you available for a quick 30min call to try to troubleshoot this together?

Best,
Ricardo

Hi yes, I am available for a quick call. Email me and I will send you a zoom link: alexi.antonino@mongodb.com

Per your question you would want to delete those permissions, just to be on the safe side. An edit might get the job done, but I usually delete.

Hi Alexi,

Thank you so much for your availability.
Can you meet in 30minutes, 6pm Portugal time? I’ve just sent you this info as an email.

Best regards & thank you,

Ricardo

Wow MongoDB makes free Zoom Calls with users, that’s amazing :). (assuming non paying)

1 Like