Error running gnupg command on ubuntu 18.04

Hello,
I am trying to upgrade an on premise mongo DB cluster from 4.4.3 to 4.4.20 on Ubuntu 18.04 and I am getting the following error:

sudo apt-get install gnupg"

----- ERROR ----
Setting up grub-efi-amd64-signed (1.187.2~18.04.1+2.06-2ubuntu14) …
Installing for x86_64-efi platform.
grub-install: error: cannot find EFI directory.
dpkg: error processing package grub-efi-amd64-signed (–configure):
installed grub-efi-amd64-signed package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of shim-signed:
shim-signed depends on grub-efi-amd64-signed (>= 1.167~) | grub-efi-arm64-signed (>= 1.167~); however:
Package grub-efi-amd64-signed is not configured yet.
Package grub-efi-arm64-signed is not installed.

dpkg: error processing package shim-signed (–configure):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
No apport report written because the error message indicates its a followup error from a previous failure.
Errors were encountered while processing:
grub-efi-amd64-signed
shim-signed

I know it is an Ubuntu issue but just checking to see if anyone had this issue and how they were resolve it
Thanks

Hi @Premchand_Budhu welcome to the community!

It’s been some time since you posted this question. Have you managed to solve it?

If not, the error that caught my eye is this one:

grub-install: error: cannot find EFI directory.

Quick search on that message leads me to this topic in Unix StackExchange: linux - Cannot find EFI directory: issue with grub-install - Unix & Linux Stack Exchange and this topic in ServerFault Ubuntu 18.04 "grub-install: error: cannot find EFI directory" - Server Fault

I’m not a Linux expert, so this might be way off and doesn’t solve your issue. I’m hoping this should provide you a good start if you’re still seeing this issue though :slight_smile:

Best regards
Kevin

1 Like

Thank Kevin.
Yes , I was able to solve my issue
I followed the solution from sbasurto

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.