[ERROR] Failed to initialize security context, error code: 0x80090330: The specified file could not be decrypted

I’m using RStudio to connect to a MongoDB for university. I have just started using it so I’m a rookie. I get the error code above when trying to connect despite re-making the server and sample data many times, resetting and changing usernames and passwords.

I’ve changed my username and password below for the sake of privacy.
The code is:

install.packages("mongolite")

library(mongolite)

#copy your connection in between ''
#fill in your username in <username>
#full in your password in <password>
connection_string = 'mongodb+srv://myusername:mypassword@comp2031-8031.kmgqt5e.mongodb.net/?retryWrites=true&w=majority&appName=COMP2031-8031'

trips_collection = mongo(collection="trips", db="sample_training", url=connection_string)

When it gets to “trips_collection” I get the error:
Warning: [ERROR] Failed to initialize security context, error code: 0x80090330: The specified file could not be decrypted.

Warning: [ERROR] Failed to initialize security context, error code: 0x80090330: The specified file could not be decrypted.

Error: No suitable servers found (serverSelectionTryOnce set): [Failed to initialize security context, error code: 0x80090330: The specified file could not be decrypted.
calling hello on ‘ac-em7rolf-shard-00-01.kmgqt5e.mongodb.net:27017’] [Failed to initialize security context, error code: 0x80090330: The specified file could not be decrypted.

I feel like I’ve exhausted my options, my tutor and fellow students have no idea what to do.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.