Entering an open compound word in "synonyms" in synonym collection renders the document invalid

I am trying to add “explicit” synonyms in my source synonym collection in my “synonym” array.
However, whenever I add a open compound words (i.e. words made up of 2 or more words with a space between them i.e. “radio station”), the document is considered by Atlas to be invalid. However, it is essential that my synonym lists contain open compound words.
A sample document provided by MongoDB only shows @ https://www.mongodb.com/docs/atlas/atlas-search/synonyms/#std-label-synonyms-coll-format :

{
  "mappingType": "explicit",
  "input": ["beer"],
  "synonyms": ["beer", "brew", "pint"]
}

but what I need also covered are cases like this one:

{
  "input": ["trash bin"],
  "synonyms": ["garbage can"]
}

as well as:

{
  "input": ["computer"],
  "synonyms": ["computing device", "information processing system"]
}

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Hi Sha,

Thanks for your question - the use case and synonym documents you’ve described and listed here both seem valid, and should be supported by Atlas Search!

Could you perhaps share the full JSON of your index definition, an example query you are running, and the exact error you are seeing? I’d love to help understand the issue you are facing in more detail and see if I can pinpoint a change that would get your index and queries working as expected!

Best, Evan