Please use this link to download the MongoDB Enterprise Server.
Now follow the steps mentioned below to set up the mongo shell in your system.
- Move the downloaded file to your home directory
- Unzip it
- Open terminal
- Run this command :
sudo nano /etc/paths
- Terminal will ask to enter the password
- A new file will open up containing the path variables
- Go to the bottom and add the path i.e.
Note : The folder name (Highlighted above) could be different for you if you have downlaoded any other version.
- Press ctrl+x and then hit enter
- Restart the terminal
To test if the path has been successfully set up or not, try running this command
If all went well you should be able to see something like this :
MongoDB shell version v4.0.10
Welcome to the MongoDB shell.
If you still face any issue, feel free to get back to us. Happy Learning
Curriculum Support Engineer