Dropping and Retaking the Course

Hi,

I would like to know how could I drop the current course schedule that I am in since I’ve already missed two deadlines of the first two chapters for some unexpected circumstances. I would also like to ask when will be the next schedule so that I can prepare my schedule in advance.

Hoping for any response.

Hey @ASTROFIL_HYDE_69184

I can only speak from experience; I had dropped out of the M040 course at the start of the summer since I was taking M001 & M103. However I was able to register again for the next M040 and M042 that are coming up! :slight_smile:

Dropping the course can be done on the My Courses page and select the Unregister Course button associated with the course you wish to leave.

The next start date for M001 looks to be July 16th 2019

Best of luck to you when you take the course again. :+1:

2 Likes

Hi @ASTROFIL_HYDE_69184,

You are right @natac13!!

The next course starts from 16 July 2019 at 17:00 UTC. You can register for the the course now.

Good luck !!!

Thanks,
Sonali

Hi @natac13 and @Sonali_Mamgain,

Thanks for the info :slightly_smiling_face:

Big help!

1 Like

Thank you for this. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Hello, As you have already sat M001 and I dropped of the last round due to the issues with installing Mongo Shell on a Mac. You wouldn’t happen to know the secret to performing this installation, as I followed the video to the letter? I have raced through week one, in order to allow more time for this blocker. Any help would be appreciated.

@SB_78958

There should be no secrets for the install. Mongo Shell should be included when you download MongoDB Community Edition

I have experienced a great deal of issues with the installation of MongoDB shell on MacOS 10.11. I wondered if HomeBrew was required, however the update has not made a difference. The echo $PATH step only shows anaconda3, not the expected mongo part. I have used the MongoDB installation documentation, the course video to no avail.
Is there a piece of the instruction that is missing?

Hey @SB_78958

I am not a Mac user so I cannot say :100: however the MongoDB docs are usually very good.

On that note I found 2 blog post that may help you. The process seems simple enough but I do know that is not always the case :slight_smile: Best of luck!

Post 1
Post 2

1 Like

Hi @SB_78958,

Please use this link to download the MongoDB Enterprise Server.

Now follow the steps mentioned below to set up the mongo shell in your system.

1. Move the downloaded file to your home directory
  2. Unzip it
  3. Open terminal
  4. Run this command :
    sudo nano /etc/paths
  5. Terminal will ask to enter the password
  6. A new file will open up containing the path variables
  7. Go to the bottom and add the path i.e.
    ~/mongodb-osx-x86_64-enterprise-4.0.10/bin

Note : The folder name (Highlighted above) could be different for you if you have downlaoded any other version.

1. Press ctrl+x and then hit enter
  2. Restart the terminal

To test if the path has been successfully set up or not, try running this command

mongo --nodb

If all went well you should be able to see something like this :

MongoDB shell version v4.0.10
Welcome to the MongoDB shell.

If you still face any issue, feel free to get back to us. Happy Learning :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Support Engineer

4 Likes

@Shubham_13709, You are the best! These steps have worked. I have now put this to the test. I can finally proceed with the course. Thank you very much.

1 Like

What could be the password please?

Hi @oluwatosinjosh,

You are supposed to enter the password of your MAC system.

If you have any other query, feel free to get back to us. Happy Learning :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan

Do I need to still keep the old .bash_profile file?

Hi @oluwatosinjosh,

Don’t worry about the old .bash_profile file. Just go ahead and execute the instructions mentioned in the post and you should be able to successfully set up the mongo shell on your system.

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan

I followed the steps above as mentioned… attached is my result.
54%20PM

47%20PM

Thanks.

Can you please remove one “/” at the beginning of the path that you have added and then save the file.

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan

Just remove one of the “/” from my previous images and I still can’t use the “mongo --nodb”
42%20PM

Hi @oluwatosinjosh,

Can you try this path and see if it works.

~/mongodb-osx-x86_64-enterprise-4.0.11/bin

And also after adding this path please restart the terminal.

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan

Thanks so much for your support… Am very grateful
40%20PM

Kind Regards.