Does realm functions have access to realm credentials in context?

Using realm functions i have access to the context which include services like mongodb atlas etc, what about the actual realm-sdk, surely it should no? or do i have to install the realm-sdk as a dependency?

i want to create a user using realm credentials.

thanks.

1 Like

@Rishi_uttam : Can you please elaborate the problem/user-case you are trying to solve for.

Hi Mohit.

The use case

Using realm 3rd party http functions, i want to use realm auth, i.e. create a realm user/ delete user with email/password. I can do this in node if i add a the realm sdk package. Now in the realm function do i need to install the realm sdk? it seems i cannot install this dependency as it exceeds the realm limits szie.

I assume however that realm functions have access to realm functions via the context object but there isnt any documentation to show this is true.
pls let me know if i am still not clear.

I’m searching for the same thing because I want to be able to create user using realm functions instead of using SDK. @Rishi_uttam Have you had a chance to do it ?

I’m serarching for the same thing also.
I’d like to authenticate using realm functions. I’m not using SDKs

It looks like realm itself has been discontinued, although some references are scattered throughout the documentation. I am not sure if there is much development on the Auth as a server side unfortunately. ( i dont work for mongodb) hoping someone can chime in.

Hi @Rishi_uttam,

It looks like realm itself has been discontinued

This isn’t the case: Realm has just changed name, its development is still going on.

And, to answer the original question, it’s always been possible to authenticate a user exclusively via HTTPS endpoints, still the Web SDK has been the suggested solution, as it’s quite lightweight, and takes care of the additional logic. It’s pure Javascript, so it’s easy to look at the endpoints in its source code, if you really want to mimic its behaviour without including it in your apps.