Data loss on Mongodb Atlas Cloud M0 Sandbox without a reason

Hi team, i was encountered a weird situation of losing all data on my collection after initing the data set . I did not run any delete operation on this collection but all data were deleted !!
Is there any way to restore the deleted data on mongo cloud, i used free version with Replica Set - 3 nodes
This is the very important data i need to restore it urgently !!

Hi Macrochain,

I am so sorry to hear that you have lost data. We take situations like this very seriously: in the database business nothing is more important than not losing data and this is simply unacceptable. We have thousands of Free Tier deployments every day and have never heard of anything like this happening before.

Are you confident you loaded data, and then it was gone later? Is it possible it never successfully loaded o begin with, or is it possible you issued a drop database command (or similar)? Unfortunately the Atlas Free Tier does not have backups the way our M2+ clusters do.

It’s very important we get to the bottom of what happened so what we can ensure it doesn’t happen to someone else. Have you opened a support case? that will allow us to more closely track

Very regretfully
-Andrew

1 Like